Here’s a well researched post that aims at finding out the cheapest online mobile shopping site in India. Check it out.
This post is brought to you by Zoutons.com
- 80 Mobile Brands from 8 major brands i.e. HTC, Apple, Sony, Samsung, Nokia, Micromax, Karbon
- Covers 10 top electronics e-commerce store i.e. Flipkart, Snapdeal, Ebay, Amazon, Tradus, Shopclues, Bagittoday, Naaptol, Homeshop18, Rediff Shopping.
Cheapest among selected 80 mobile sets:
• Snapdeal is the cheapest store for 32 mobile handsets with the slice share of 37.65%, mostly for Samsung mobiles
• Ebay is the second most popularly priced store having lesser cost tag for 19 mobiles. Ebay has also been ranked higher due to its un-managed inventory which also sells the goods not having Indian warranty.
• Flipkart was found to be cheapest store for 17 mobiles having slice share of 20% which prominently included the newly launched brands and HTC phones.
Average Discount Percentage (ADP): ADP has been calculated by analysing average discounts offered by the included ecommerce stores on mobile phones for the brands HTC, Apple, Sony, Samsung, Nokia, Micromax and Karbon.
The following graph features all the stores including the one having unmanaged repositories i.e. Tradus and Ebay.
- Ebay tops the list with average discount percentage with 4.8, the steep rise in chart can be justified, as the store also sells refurbished goods
- Snapdeal is the most economical store in the managed inventories category with 2.52 average discount percentage
- Flipkart, despite of not having policy to release coupon and voucher codes quickly follows the snapdeal with 2.02% average discount
Brands vs. Cheapest Stores
*Negative Values have been denoted by 0
Snapdeal: Expert Juggler of Deals
- Snapdeal reported least price for Nokia phones including the best selling brands Nokia Lumia 620, 710, 610, Nokia Asha 610 and 501 and Nokia C2-01. Snapdeal was also the cheapest store for Micromax A110Q Canvas 2 Plus with the discount percentage of 23%. Snapdeal also showcases for Samsung mobiles. The best selling phones lime Black Samsung Galaxy Note III is being sold at Rs 45549 and on Flipkart it is being sold at Rs. 46899, which is 29.6% higher than Snapdeal
Flipkart is the most economical store for HTC Mobiles
- HTC mobiles are quite a buy at Flipkart which possess 4.45% discount percentage for the Taiwanese handsets manufacturer. The growing trend of releasing new mobiles on Flipkart has also added value to its brand image. HTC One Dual Sim, the premium category phone is being sold at Flipkart with the price tag of Rs. 46300, Rs. 300 less than the model being sold at Snapdeal.
Ebay is cheapest store for Sony Xperia series phones
- Ebay is offering average 4.8% discount on Sony mobiles. Sony Xperia Z Ultra is priced at Rs. 39969, cheaper by 30 Rs. from Snapdeal. Sony Xperia ZL is priced at Rs 26938 and Sony Xperia L at Rs. 15200, cheaper by Rs. 799 from Snapdeal.
- Snapdeal is the cheapest store under the price category 5000-15000 and also marks its presence in the price range Rs. 15000-20000 and 30000 –above
- Flipkart is the cheapest store for the mobile phones priced in the range of Rs. 20000-30000
- Amazon also offers best discount for the mobile phones priced in the range of Rs. 20000-30000