Saving money is always welcome, so you should how to use the Apple student discount on eligible products. If you’re a student, faculty member, or professional in the education industry, you must go for Apple education discounts to save money on iPads, MacBooks, iMacs, and more. Apple education deals offer lower prices on some Apple products and you also get a $150 gift card as a bonus. Many users have doubts about where and how to get these special discounts. So, we thought of covering all the essentials. In this article, we’ll tell you how to get an Apple education discount. We’ve also mentioned the eligibility criteria and the products available under Apple education pricing. Without any ado, let’s get going!
Apple Student Discount Eligibility
First and foremost, let’s get to know who is eligible for the Apple student discount and then we’ll discuss how to get it. Interestingly, you don’t have to be a student to avail the special Apple education pricing. yes, you’ve heard it right. Apple student discounts are available for everyone in the education industry, including current and newly accepted college students, parents, faculty, staff, and school board members, and homeschool teachers of all grade levels. So, if you fit into any of the below categories, you are eligible to get student discounts on Apple products.
- College Students: If you’re studying in a college/university or are 16 years or older and have enrolled for a higher studies, you are eligible for an Apple student discount as long as you have a valid student ID.
- Parents of students: Apple also extends this discount to the parents of eligible students. Therefore, you can save money while buying an Apple device for your child. Bear in mind that you’ve to pay the full price and won’t get the deal when buying an Apple device for yourself.
- People working in the education industry: If you aren’t a student or parent, but work in the education industry, you’re still in luck. Any faculty member or staff who works at sixth forms, colleges, or universities (public or private) can redeem Apple’s special pricing offer for students. Moreover, PTO or PTA executives are also eligible for the offer. All you have to do is show an ID or a document that verifies where you work.
You can visit the Apple Education Store page to read more terms and conditions for the offers.
Apple Products Eligible for Student Discount
Before we move further, it’s important to know which Apple products you can get student discounts and offers on. Remember, not all Apple products have special education pricing for students. Also, you don’t get the same discount on all the products. The exact discount varies from product to product. Generally, you get $100 off on Macs and somewhere between $20 to $50 off on iPad models. We’ve summed up all the products that come under Apple’s educational pricing system. Let’s have a look:
Apple products eligible for education discount
- M1 MacBook Air (starts at $899)
- M2 MacBook Air (starts at $999)
- iMac (starts at $1249)
- Mac mini (starts at $499)
- Mac Studio (starts at $1799)
- 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro (starts at $1499)
- Apple Studio Display (starts at $1499)
- Apple Pro Display XDR (starts at $4599)
- Mac Pro (starts at $6599)
- iPad 9th-generation (starts $309)
- iPad 10th-gen (starts $419)
- iPad Mini (starts $449)
- iPad Air (starts $549)
- iPad Pro (starts $749)
- Pro Apps Bundle that includes Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro X, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage ($199.99)
- Apple Music ($5.99)
- Free access to Apple TV+
- 20% discount on AppleCare+
Now that you know the eligible products, you should know the maximum purchase quantity that’s allowed per year.
Apple product (with Education Pricing) Maximum purchase quantity per year Desktop 1 Mac Mini 1 MacBook 1 iPad 2 Accessories 2
The total purchase quantity remains the same regardless of where you’ve made the purchase (Apple Eduction Store Online, Apple Retail Store, or Authorized Campus Reseller).
Unfortunately, you won’t get any Apple education discounts on iPhone, Apple Watch, and Apple TV models. You’ll have to pay the full price for these products.
Where Can You Get the Apple Education Discount?
You can get the student discount at the Apple Online Store for Education or even at physical Apple Stores. If you’re planning to visit an Apple store, you can get your hands on the product if it’s in the display, finalize the product with preferred configurations, and then ask someone from the staff to help you redeem your student discount. If you want to know how to get an Apple student discount from the Apple education online store, move to the next section.
How to Get an Apple Student Discount?
If you live in the US, it’s pretty straightforward to get the Apple student discount. Frankly speaking, it’s as easy as purchasing a device from the Apple Store. Generally, you easily get the special student discount and Apple doesn’t go for a formal verification process that requires you to prove yourself as a student or teacher. That said, we recommend you keep your ID handy, just in case you have to enter some sort of evidence or the staff at Apple Store needs to check your credentials before punching your purchase.
Bear in mind, that if you live in the UK or any other country, you need to provide proof that you’re a student, teacher, parent, or a professional eligible for an Apple education discount. You’ll have to register with UNiDAYS to verify your student or staff status before you can purchase from the Apple Education Store.
- Go to the Apple Education Store Website. Here, you’ll see discounts and offers on the eligible Apple products.
- Select the device you wish to buy.
- Now, choose your configurations like storage, color, etc. If you’re going for an iPad, you choose the preferred model (Wi-Fi or Cellular) and also get an option to add a keyboard or a free engraving on Apple Pencil. Remember, the student discount doesn’t apply to these add-on items.
- If you’re buying a Mac, you get to choose from the Pre-installed Software or install the Pro Apps Bundle for Education.
- Now, add the products to the bag, review them, and check out as normal. Apple doesn’t check any student IDs for US residents.
- If your product is eligible for a gift card (not every product qualifies for this), a $150 Apple gift card will be added to your cart at the checkout. This will be emailed to you within 24 hours after you’ve picked up the product or it has been shipped to your address.
That’s all about where and how to get Apple Student discounts. Now that you have all the information, make the most out of the the special educational discount offered by Apple. You can save some money and even get an additional gift card (if eligible for a product)? In case you’ve any questions, feel free to reach out to us in the comments below.
Apple education discount varies from product to product. Typically, you get $100 off on Macs and $20 to $50 off on iPads. Additionally, you might get a gift card, free AirPods with a Mac, or a free Apple Pencil with iPad.
Interestingly, you don’t need to be a student to use Apple Student Discount. Anyone in the education industry, including faculty, staff, school board members, homeschool teachers, PTO/PTA executives, and parents of eligible students can get the Apple Education Discount.
Yes, you can use your Apple Card or opt for Trade-in while buying a product with the student discount. Apple education discount doesn’t mean you can’t use the regular deals that Apple offers. Rather, you get an extra special deal where you can combine all the discounts and offers.
You can use your student discount to buy one desktop, one MacBook, one Mac mini, two iPads, and 2 accessories per year.