“I, Focalors, hereby welcome you to the nation of Hydro” were some famous last words of the “Hydro archon” after we proceeded to defeat her in the trail and save our two new friends that later turned out to be… sigh* Well, there’s lots of speculation about Focalors or Furina in Genshin Impact and how she’s very suspicious in the lore. But more importantly, she’s coming out in Genshin Impact 4.2, and what we CAN say about her is her kit looks pretty good and might make you want to pull for her. In this guide, let’s look at some of the builds and weapons for Furina and also briefly look at her talents and passives. Before you proceed, check out our Furina pre-farming guide to learn about her ascension materials and talents.
Furina Builds in Genshin Impact
The best build for Furina in Genshin Impact is the 4-piece Golden Troupe artifacts set combined with her signature weapon Splendor of Tranquil Waters. Furina is an off-field DPS or support and Golden Troupe is the perfect artifact set as it increases the damage of a character off-field. The 2-piece Golden Troupe artifact set grants 20% elemental skill damage and the 4-piece increases it by an additional 25% when on the field and an extra 25% when the character is not on the field.
- 4-piece Golden Troupe (Great for off-field DPS and support Furina)
- 4-piece Nobless Oblige (Great alternative to Golden Troupe)
- 2-piece Golden Troupe + 2-piece Emblem of Severed Fate (Good for upping the Elemental Burst recharge time)
|Artifact||Main / Sub-Stat|
|Flower||Flat HP / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > HP% > ER%|
|Feather||ATK / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate >HP% > ER%|
|Sands||HP% / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > ER%|
|Goblet||HP% / Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate > ER%|
|Circlet||Crit Damage ≡ Crit Rate / HP% > ER%|
Since most of Furina’s damage and healing will come from her HP scaling and Elemental Burst, it is important to stack up as much HP on her as possible, and even stack up a decent amount of Energy Recharge to make sure her Burst recharges quickly. Prioritize Crit Rate, Crit Damage, HP%, and ER% on Flower and Feather, and build Sands and Goblets with HP% as the main stat. The Circlet should have a Crit Rate or Crit Damage for her off-field Crit needs.
4-piece Golden Troupe is an excellent choice for Furina since it grants lots of Elemental Skill damage both while on the field and off the field. And since her elemental burst is one of the centerpieces of her kit and scales off of HP, it’s important to have as much HP on her as possible.
Furina is a unique character as she can switch Arkhe’s from Ousia to Pneuma, which changes her play style from offensive to healer. Here’s everything you need to know about her Talents and Passives.
- Normal Attack – Soloist’s Solicitation: Furina performs four consecutive strikes dealing physical damage. Her charged attack changes her Arkhe Alignment from Ousia to Pneuma. Her default Arkhe alignment is Ousia. Besides, her normal attack, based on her Arkhe alignment, will cause a Surging Blade or Spirit breath Thorn to descend, which deals Hydro damage.
- Elemental Skill – Salon Solitaire: Summons “Salon members” or “Singers of the Streams” based on Furina’s Arkhe alignment. Ousia summons Salon Members — Ball Octopus-shaped Gentilhomme Usher, Bubbly Seahorse-shaped Surintendante Chevalmarin, and Armored Crab-shaped Mademoiselle Crabaletta. They attack opponents consistently, dealing Hydro damage. When they attack, if the character’s HP is more than 50%, they consume it and increase their damage. HP consumed by the members from 1/2/3/4 characters deals 110/120/130/140% increased damage.
Pneuma-aligned: Furina unleashes Singers of the Stream, healing HP to other characters based on Furina’s max HP. Both the Pnewma and Ousia-aligned members share one duration, even if Furina uses her charged attack to change the Arkhe’s alignment. So if you summon the singers while already having Salon members, their time limit will be shared.
- Elemental Burst – Let the People Rejoice: Furina deals AoE Hydro damage by creating a foam based on her max HP and all party members gain the “Universal Revelry State.” In this state, when a character’s HP increases or decreases, based on the HP lost or gained, Furina gains one “Fanfare Point.” By doing this, she increases the overall damage and healing to the party member, until the Fanfare points are over.
- Passive 1 – The Sea is My Stage: The CD of Xenochromatic Fontemer Creatures decreases by 30%
- Passive 2 – Endless Waltz: If the active character in your party is healed and the healing overflows, Furina starts healing an active character for 2% of their max HP for 4 seconds.
- Passive 3 – Unheard Confession: For every 1000 HP of Furina, the Ousia-aligned elemental skill damage of Salon Solitaire by increasing the damage dealt by each member by 0.7%, up to a max of 28%. Similarly, for the Pneuma-aligned creature, it will increase the active character healing interval of the Singer of Many Waters by 0.4%, up to a maximum of 16%.
Best Weapons for Furina
There’s no shortage of good swords in Genshin Impact, and since there are lots of good ones, chances are, you may already have one that’s well-suited for Furina. Here are the best weapons for Furina in Genshin Impact:
- Splendor of Tranquil Waters (Best Weapon for Furina)
- Jade Cutter
- Festering Desire (Best F2P option)
- Wolf Fang
|Constellation||Description||Importance (Low, Medium, High)|
|C1: Love Is a Rebellious Bird That None Can Tame||When using Let the People Rejoice, Furina will gain 150 Fanfare.|
Additionally, Furina’s Fanfare limit is increased by 100.
|C2: A Woman Adapts Like Duckweed in Water||While Let the People Rejoice lasts, Furina’s Fanfare gain from increases or decreases in nearby characters’ HP is increased by 250%. Each point of Fanfare above the limit will increase Furina’s Max HP by 0.35%. Her maximum Max HP increase is 140%.||High|
|C3: My Secret Is Hidden Within Me, No One Will Know My Name||Increases the Level of Salon Solitaire by 3.|
The maximum upgrade level is 15.
|C4: They Know Not Life, Who Dwelt in the Netherworld Not!||When the Salon Members from Salon Solitaire hit an opponent, or the Singer of Many Waters restores HP to the active character, Furina will restore 4 Energy. This effect triggers once every 5s.||Medium|
|C5: His Name I Now Know, It Is…!||Increases the Level of Salon Solitaire by 3.|
Maximum upgrade level is 15.
|C6: Hear Me — Let Us Raise the Chalice of Love!||When using the Elemental Skill “Salon Solitaire,” Furina gains “Center of Attention” for 10s.|
Throughout the duration, Furina’s Normal Attacks, Charged Attacks, and Plunging Attacks are converted into Hydro DMG which cannot be overridden by any other elemental infusion. DMG is also increased by an amount equivalent to 15% of Furina’s max HP.
Throughout the duration, Furina’s Normal Attacks, Charged Attacks, and the impact of Plunging Attacks will cause different effects up to every 0.1s after hitting opponents depending on her current Arkhe alignment:
Every 1s, all nearby characters in the party will be healed by 4% of Furina’s max HP, for a duration of 2.5s. Triggering this effect again will extend its duration.
This Normal Attack, Charged Attack, or Plunging Attack ground impact DMG will be further increased by an amount equivalent to 20% of Furina’s max HP. When any of the attacks mentioned previously hit an opponent, all nearby characters in the party will consume 1% of their current HP.
During the duration of each instance of “Center of Attention,” the above effects can be triggered up to 7 times. “Center of Attention” will end when its effects have been triggered 7 times or when the duration expires.
Genshin Impact Furina Release Date
The Hydro Archon Furina was released on November 8 in Genshin and will be available till November 29 until the end of Phase 1. The same goes for her signature weapon Splendor of Tranquil Waters. Will you be pulling for Furina or saving for other Fontaine characters that are yet to come in Genshin Impact 4.2 banners or later? Let us know in the comments section below.