Lost a midst of spec sheet war, the battery performance goes for a toss in most of the smartphones these days. Thankfully, there are a small number of mobile phones which doesn’t take the battery life for granted based on just the mAh rating. I have compiled a list of mobile phones which are known to be good performers in staying up long and grouped them in price ranges. If you are a type of person who craves for mobile phones with long battery lives, don’t buy any phone without having a look at this list.
Under Rs. 10,000
- Nokia Asha 501 – There are not a lot of phones with good battery life under the price of INR 10,000 but the Nokia Asha 501 stands one of the best in its class. With a 1200 mAh Li-Ion battery, the Asha 501 manages stalk-time of over 15 hours and a mind boggling stand-by time of around 48 days. The Nokia Asha 501 price in India is around INR 4.500 and is certainly one of the best mobile phones in its price range.
- Nokia Lumia 520 – The cheapest Windows Phone 8 device is certainly not cheap when it comes to battery life. It is actually the best smartphone under the price tag of INR 10,000 when it comes to battery performance. It can last for more than 13 hours of 3G talk-time, 7 hours of web browsing over Wi-Fi and 5 hours of video watching.
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Android Phones Under 15000 INR
Under Rs. 20,000
- Sony Xperia M – The Xperia M has managed to become one of the best selling Android smartphones under the price tag of INR 15,000 and is certainly because of great design and battery performance. This phone manages to last more than 12 hours of 3G talk-time, 7 hours of web browsing over Wi-Fi and around 10 hours of video playback with Internet connected in the background.
- Nokia Lumia 720 – The best selling Windows Phone 8 device in the mid-range, the Lumia 720 is not only a great value for money phone, it holds pretty well in terms of battery life as well, thanks to a 2000 mAh battery and some great software optimisations. It can be used for more than 15 hours of 3G talk-time, over 7 hours of Wi-Fi connected bee browsing and over 6 and half hours of video playback. Also to be note, it has a very power efficient stand-by performance.
- Samsung Galaxy Grand – Best sellers are not made based only on marketing blitz. The Samsung Galaxy Grand has a very decent battery life in spite of being equipped with a large 5 inch touchscreen and dual SIM connectivity. For a price tag around INR 15,000, it provides 12 hours of talk-time, 7 hours of web browsing over Wi-Fi and 8 hours of video playback, all on a large screen.
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Android Phones Under 20,000 INR
Under Rs. 30,000
- Huawei Ascend Mate – A large phablet with a humongous battery capacity of 4050 mAh was bound to get a lot of eyeballs. This device is one of the best smartphones in the world in terms of battery life, not only in its class but in all the smartphones. It lasts for over 25 hours of continuous talk-time on 3G networks, 8 hours of Wi-Fi connected web browsing and 12 hours of video playback. It should also be noted that it charges pretty fast in spite a huge battery.
- Sony Xperia ZR – The cheaper version of Xperia Z but it actually manages to outperform the elder sibling. Priced at around INR 25,000, this Android smartphone is full capable of performing 17 hours of talk-time on 3G network, more than 11 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing and over 7 hours of video playback.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2 – One of the best-selling Android smartphones till date, the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is equipped with a beefier 3100 mAh Li-Ion battery which is capable of providing enough juice to perform 17 hours of 3G talk-time, 8 and half hours of Wi-Fi web browsing and nearly 11 and half hours of video playback.
SEE ALSO: Top 3 Premium Android Smartphones
Up To Rs. 40,000 & Above
- LG G2 – With an attractive price tag of INR 40,499, the LG G2 is nothing short of a monster, not only in hardware specifications, but also in battery endurance. Its 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery lasts enough for 25 hours of 3G talk-time, 11 hours of Wi-Fi web browsing and equal amount of time for video playback on its large 5.2 inches IPS LCD display.
- Nokia Lumia 1020 – Probably the best performer in all the Windows Phone 8 devices, the Lumia 1020 is equipped with just a 2000 mAh battery, which manages to out do most of the Android smartphones with even larger batteries. It manages to last for more than 22 hours of 3G talk-time, nearly 6 hours of web browsing over Wi-Fi and over 13 hours of video playback time.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – With a beefy 3200 mAh battery and a steep price tag of INR 50,000, this phone had a lot of expectations. It fulfills them with a marathon battery life with 18 hours of talk-time, 9 hours of web browsing and 13 hours of video playback.
|Mobile Phone||Price (Rs)||Battery Capacity (mAh)||3G Talk-Time (hours)||Web Browsing Wi-Fi (hours)||Video Playback Time (hours)|
|Nokia Asha 501||4,344||1200||15||-NA-||-NA-|
|Nokia Lumia 520||7.690||1430||13||07||05|
|Sony Xperia M||12,430||1750||12||07||10|
|Nokia Lumia 720||15,432||2000||15||07||6.5|
|Samsung Galaxy Grand||15,490||2100||12||07||08|
|Huawei Ascend Mate||24,900||4050||25||08||12|
|Sony Xperia ZR||25,619||2300||17||11||07|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 2||27,990||3100||17||08||11|
|Nokia Lumia 1020||49,999||2000||22||06||13|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 3||49,999||3200||18||09||13|